Monday 27th July 2015
Windows Server 2003 support is ending on July 14 2015
- 27 July 2015
Microsoft has announced that as of July 14 2015 they will no longer support their 11 year old server operating system, Windows Server 2003. This means:
- No further updates or security patches will be released for Windows Server 2003 after July 14 2015
- Loss of compliance – various industry regulations and industry standards will no longer be able to be achieved if you are using Windows Server 2003 actively on your network
- Increased security risks – any server running this operating system will
be completely exposed to serious hacker attacks aimed at taking control of your network, stealing your data or crashing your systems. Customers see security fixes as being among the most critical fixes for their installed servers. These fixes will no longer be delivered to customers for their Windows Server 2003 servers, regardless of how severe a given issue may be.
- Increased downtime and integration glitches with other software applications. Customers no longer have the ability to contact Microsoft
for technical support in the event of a server problem. This becomes particularly important when a system experiences an outage and customers are unable to restore the system and recover data and applications from the stalled machine.
- Determine if your practice is using Windows Server 2003, if you aren’t sure you can check here for help.
- If you aren’t using Windows Server 2003 you do not need to take any further action.
- If you are using Windows Server 2003 please call us now on 0131 556 0555 option 4 for assistance.
Share this story
To keep up to date with all the latest news from Vetsolutions you can add our RSS feed or sign up to recieve e-newsSign up today>